Suffering from irritation in throat. Diagnosed with Pharyngitis and given altrocin. Will it cured permanently?

Every year, during season change or in winter, I suffer from irritation in throat. Doctor have told me it's something called pharengities.. gave althrocin. Can it be cured permanently?
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
treatment of the underlying condition offers permanent cure

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Pharyngitis is inflammation of the pharynx and it presents as sore throat or irritation in throat as you have mentioned in the history.
Pharyngitis can be associated with upper cold or it can present as a single condition.
The treatment of pharyngitis is by
warm and salt water gargling to have symptomatic relief.
Oral antiinflammatory and antibiotic drugs.

However if the pharyngitis is recurrent the underlying cause for recurrence should be investigated and treated accordingly.
If recurrent pharyngitis is because of recurrent upper respiratory infections or sinusitis, treatment of the underlying conditions offers permanent cure.

In few cases surgical treatment in the form of tonsillectomy is required to get rid of repeated attacks of pharyngitis.

So pharyngitis can be cured permanently by one or the other method of treatment but only after finding out the underlying cause for it. So please do discuss with your doctor regarding this.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you