Suffering from irregular period after delivery. Looking for solution

Mar 2016

My friend have 2 children one of 3 and another one of 2 during birth she has lost a large amount of blood ever since than her cycle is unstable for example she had her periods twice this month 2 days apart and she get sick like throwing up blood
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 40 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve her problem.

First of all, she is suffering from irregular period since last child birth. If she is on breast feeding still now, she may get irregular spotting/ bleeding.

In such cases, we need to rule out other possible reasons like uterine pathology (like fibroid/ polyp), stress/ anxiety/ emotional upset, hormonal imbalance, irregular eating habit, weight change, thyroid disorder, psychological factor etc.

The possibilities can be narrowed by complete physical examination and several investigations such as ultrasound scan of lower abdomen, estimation of LH / FSH level, blood estrogen & progesterone levels, thyroid profile, blood sugar test, blood prolactin level etc.

Complete treatment depends on pin point diagnosis. Hormonal medication/ pill is quite helpful in regularization of period. Therefore, I suggest her to consult with her gynecologist for proper guidance through investigations & suggestive measures including medication.

In the interim, she must do the following things:

1) Avoid stress/ anxiety/ emotional upset by regular XXXXXXX breathing/ yoga.
2) Take healthy diet with iron supplements and consume more vegetables/ fruits & drink more water.
3) Keep bowel habit regular & maintain personal hygiene properly.
4) Control body weight by regular physical exercise.
5) Take a sound sleep with complete relaxation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish her good health in future.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Suffering from irregular period after delivery. Looking for solution 1 minute later
She does not breastfeed in fact she didn't breastfeed at all
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Thanks for follow up query.

If she didn't breast fed right now, then she needs to undergo for complete investigations for above said pathological condition. Please consult with her gynecologist at the earliest for proper guidance regarding that.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Dr Soumen