Suffering from intermittent bleeding, cramps and back pain. Ultrasound showed retroverted uterus. Meaning?

I have been having intermittent bleeding in between periods, cramping, lower back pain, hip pain on right side, painful sex. I am 45 years old. I had an oblation in 2006. I had a transabdominal and transvaginal pelvic ultrasound. Findings: The uterus measures 8.5 cm in length, 6 cm in transverse and 5.5cm in Ap dimension. The uterus is retroverted. There is myometrial textural heterogeneity. This obscures the endometrial echo complex. Where visualized the endometrium measures 5 mm in maximal AP dimension. There is a 2cm featureless left ovarian cyst. The left ovary including the cyst measures 3 x 1.8 x 2.2 cm. the right ovary measures 2.5 x 2.4 x 1cm. There is no evidence for free fluid in the pelvis. Impression: There is myometrial textural heterogeneity. The differential diagnosis for this finding is small nondiscrete fibroids, ademyosis, as well as extremes of normal variation. Myometrial textural heterogeneity limits endometrial assessment. There is a 2cm featureless left ovarian cyst probably phisiologic in origin.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 45 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.

Overall I feel that the USG report is not indicative of cancer, either in the uterus or the ovaries. The endometrial thickness is 5 mm, which is fine but the assessment is limited by myometrial heterogeneity. Coupled with the fact that you are also having bleeding in between periods, I would recommend an endometrial biopsy to rule out endometrial cancer. This can be done in the clinic, is not painful and easy to do.
If that is normal then I would just follow you up.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries.
Best Wishes,