Suffering from intense migraine pain, dizzy and numbness of face. Done with CT scan. Suggest

Hello, my name is XXXXXXX and for the past couple of weeks, I have been plagued by intense migraine pain, so bad I throw up, or become dizzy, as well as numbness to the complete left side of my face Whatever has happened to me in that span of time has also caused intense intracranial pressure on my brain, and has caused severe problems, such as vision, thought processing, everday activities that I have always normally done with no problem have become increasingly frustrating tasks. I have been to an urgent care facility in my area and have undergone a cat scan, which showed nothing whatsoever to be amiss. Still, these issues continue to plague me, and I am at a crossroads at what to do next, my biggest question being whether or not an MRI is needed to possibly check for underlying damage that the scan was not able to retrieve. I am thirty and overweight, so when I heard about intracranial hypertension, myself having had high blood pressure, it seemed somewhat logical, but I'm not a doctor. I feel as if whatever has happened is robbing me of who I am, and I know that it has something to do with the severe intracranial pressure I went through two weeks ago, although I have had no head trauma in any way. Please provide me with the right information to the answers I need. Thank you and God bless.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Migraine needs treatment Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I would like to clarify at the outset that CT brain would have picked up increased intracranial pressure. Increased intracranial pressure occurs secondary a space occupying lesion like bleed, tumour, etc. Since your Ct brain is normal you dont have to worry about. Blurring of vision, vomiting and dizziness can also happen in severe forms of migraine. Here is what I suggest to you 1. Please get an MRI done, the biggest draw back of CT brain is that a few sections of the brain is missed, especially the base of the brain 2. For the pain Tab Naproxen is the ideal pain killer for headaches, you can take upto 2 per day for not more than 3 days 3. You will have to be on migraine prophylaxis with drugs like flunarazine or beta blockers in order to prevent them from coming 4. Please approach a neurologist soon, I also advice my patients to visit ENT and Opthalmology as well. Vision and hearing are the main primary issues for getting headaches I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards