Suffering from indigestion intermittently, constipation and weight loss. How to get relief?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have been sufferring from indigestion intermittently (say atleast once a week).This condition is tehre for last 2 months. Also have lost weight approx 6 kgs in last 8 months. After having food immediately gets gastric and it lasts for about 30 mins on the days I have constipation.
Had done medical tests as part of my company. The Pathology report is attached for reference. Have not yet consulted a doctor. Please advise what should be done.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, gastroenterologist and I would be pleased in answering your question.

Loss of weight is a warning sign and in the background of indigestion a gastrointestinal workup is warranted. I would suggest an upper GI endoscopy and an ultrasound scan be done as first step for further evaluation.

I went through your report. You do not have features of diabetes or hyperthyroidism.
Your lipid profile shows that the total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol is slightly out of range and dietary modification are needed to keep them under control. Fatty / oily food need to be avoided.

I hope that answers your question. If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate the service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Suffering from indigestion intermittently, constipation and weight loss. How to get relief? 29 hours later
Thanks for the input, will get the above tests done and get back.

Also needed a help on LDL and total cholesterol. apart from diet changes will a 45 min brisk walk be enough to bring it down? Also does stress play a part in increasing the LDL and total cholesterol.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 21 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Yes , brisk walk for 30-45 min can lower your cholesterol.
Yes, you are right - stress does increase the cholesterol levels.

Dietary changes, increased physical activity, stress relief and medications - all these help in lowering the blood cholesterol levels. Medication is required when the LDL and total cholesterol levels are above a certain range or in people with certain risk factors like diabetes etc

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar kini