Suffering from hyperthyroidism. Suggest ways to put on weight?

Question
Hi Doctor, i am XXXXX, aged 23yrs and my weight is 35.Doctor can u pls suggest me how to put on weight as i am also suffering from Hyperthyroidism,, and very eager to put on weight .
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Weight

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Your weight is desperately low as per your age and sex it should be above 55kg. Ideally weight also depends on height.
It seems you have serious health issues behind this.
Hyperthyroidism itself is a cause for such poor body weight because the hyperactive thyroid burns all nutrition you take.
So keep the hyperactive thyroid under full control with antithyroid treatment.
Get a physical examination and basic investigations under supervision of a local physician to rule out any other chronic disease like TB, sprue, food allergy, cardiac problems, worm infestation etc.
A good nutritious diet including rice and pulses, dairy products, eggs, liberal amounts of fats, if non vet then chicken and mutton added should be part of daily diet to gain weight.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Suffering from hyperthyroidism. Suggest ways to put on weight? 25 minutes later
Thank u Doctor, but one more query how to cure my Thyroid.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 27 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
treatment of hyperthyroidism is the most crucial decision in the medical science and needs a close follow up and monitoring of the hormone levels and clinical response.
There are certain drugs which rectify the disorder of the gland.
you should get examined by a physician or an endocrinologist in your locality.
He will get the blood tests after examining your physical health and will try o gauze the extent of the problem and it's cause and will start treatment accordingly.
It is a process and not just like other simple problems where you take medicines for few days and then there you go.
it will need time, efforts and patience from both sides.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Suffering from hyperthyroidism. Suggest ways to put on weight? 3 minutes later
Thank u Doctor.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 20 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.
Go ahead and be successful.
God bless you.
take care.