Suffering from hypertension. Experiencing soreness in arm, shoulder, neck and face. Should I be worried?

Hi. I am 33yo, 5'2", 180lbs with a hx of HTN. I was taken off meds 1 yr ago when I was also taken off birth control pills.Today I am experiencing soreness in my upper left arm, shoulder, neck, and face. I decided to check my BP and it 168/122 and pulse is 77. Should I be worried?
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 12 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your question.

Your blood pressure is quite high. Both the systolic and diastolic component are quite high than the normal range.

You need antihypertensive medications and you need to take salt restricted diet.

Since it is more than a year since you were taken off antihypertensive medications, I would suggest that you report to your doctor immediately and get his advice regarding starting the medications. Also since you are a young individual, tests are to be done to find the cause of hypertension.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini