Suffering from hyper acidity and rashes all over. Suggest some home remedy

My wife is having acidity or can be called as hyper acidity which is leading to rashes on her skin during evening or night. kindly advice a home remedy for the same and also kindly advice any medicine if this is aggravated. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 24 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I understand that you are from Maharashtra and in marathi there is a word call "Pitta" which explains both acidity and rashes.
However medical science could never explain any link between both of them and these are not related to each other although in Marathi a common word is used for both of them.
You acidity needs 4-6 months course of ranitidine/pantoprazole/rabeprazole along with proper dietary restrictions with no oily and masala food. Regular exercise is also a must.
Coming to the second part, the rashes which you are describing are due to allergy. If they errupt, they can be controlled by cetrizine. In the long term, you need to visit a dermatologist who will like to start you on some steroid preparation to prevent them from arising again.
Try identifying which food causes the rashes and try to avoid them.But believe me its not possible most of the times.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.