Suffering from hyper acidity and diagnosed as IBS. How long can normaxin be taken safely?

how long can normaxin can be taken safely. My father is 68 years old and suffering from hyper acidity now diagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome. can it be cured
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Guru 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

The causes of Irritable bowel syndrome are not known clearly. So, this makes it little difficult to cure completely. However, symptoms can be controlled well by appropriate follow ups with doctor. Treatment usually consists of diet XXXXXXX in high fibre, psychotherapy, vegetable mucilages, antispasmodics effecting gut, sedatives etc. However treatment is modified time to time based on symptoms of patient.

Regarding the use of normaxin, it has it's own side effects like mouth dryness, blurring of vision, hesitancy and urgency in micturition, constipation but your treating doctor would keep in mind about all these and would follow up outweighing risks with benefits. Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.