Suffering from high degree of anxiety. Feeling muscles bouncing and pulling. Have gait disorder. Suggest the treatment?

Dec 2014

I am suffering from a very high degree of anxiety. My body stays in flight or fight as a result of a stroke. It has attacked my muscular system too and I feel muscles bouncing, pulling, and I have a gait disorder from the muscular instability. I feel my muscles shorten all over my body. they don't expand and contract and my body is not fluid. I am told this is treatable with the correct medicines. Please help!
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You hare 63 years old female and have just suffered stroke in rear right cerebral area. You are having hight degree of anxiety after that. You remain in fight or flight reaction. You suffer from gait instability and muscular problems.

See anxiety can be controlled easily. Medicines especially SSRI drugs Sertaline can be used to control anxiety. The drug is free of serious side effects and can be given safely in patients of cardio-vascular problems. The medicine will control the fight and flight reaction.

You have problems of bouncing muscle, pulling sensation, muscular instability and gait disorder. The feeling that muscles have been shortened is to some extent due to anxiety. Medicines like Pregabalin and supplements like Methylcobalamine will control such symptoms. This drug has neuroprotective effects also.

Take plenty of Vitamin E supplements and Omega 3 Fatty Acids supplements for quick relief of symptoms. I will advise you to take help of a Psychiatrist for that.

Apart from medicines relaxation methods like Breathing Exercises, Progressive Muscle Relaxation exercises help in quick relief of symptoms. Do physiotherapy exercises for improvement of gait problems.

Hope this helps you, if you have more queries you can ask again.