Suffering from high blood pressure. Diabetic. Having pain in legs and knee. Suggestions?

G M , My Mother is suffering from HIGH BP, Diabeties , she is having pain in her legs but not in the knee , pl suggest on this
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be arthritis or atorix related

Detailed Answer:

If this is been there for 10 years it should be properly investigated at this age. Was she? Do you have any reports or diagnosis?

It would be good if it is evaluated for calcium or mineral deficiency, arthritis or medication related pain.

You should see Orthopedic surgeon.. I usually recommend the following in such a scenario before referring to an Orthopedic surgeon for evaluation.
1) Calcium 500mg twice a day
2) Magnesium 200mg
3) CoQ 10 supplements once a day

Hope this helps.