Suffering from hiatal hernia.Is it normal to prescribe Franxit tablets for hiatal hernia?

Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
Is it normal to prescribe Franxit tablets for hiatal hernia? I'm sufferring from hiatal hernia and doctor has prescribed me the same.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Hi
Franxit tablets are used for Depression,psychosis.
They are not prescribed for hiatal hernia.
I saw your endoscopy report.IT showed only small hiatal hernia
You can use Rabeprazole tablet .
If there is no response,surgery has to be done.
Wish you good health

Follow-up: Suffering from hiatal hernia.Is it normal to prescribe Franxit tablets for hiatal hernia? 3 hours later
Thankyou for the response Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

I was prescribed NEOPRIDE Total (1 each for 20 days) along with MEVA-C(2 each for 15 days) during initial consultation. As the pain didn't subside, I was prescribed Rabonik-plus(1 each for 30 days). It still did not help and upon further consultation diagnosis was done and the cause was identified. Currently I'm prescribed Pantocid-L (1 each for 30 days) and Franxit(1 each for 20 days).

Please suggest If I should continue taking the current prescribed medicines or is there a need to consult elsewhere.

Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Hi
Rabeprazole and pantaprazole are of the same group of drugs.
Please continue Pantocid -L.
If you are worried too much and depressed,use Franxit.otherwise it is not necessary.
Avoid spicy foods,carbonated drinks,pain killers.
Use pantocid L for few months.
If there is no response,consult a surgical gastroenterologist.
Wish you good health