Suffering from herpes type 1. Have ulcers in lips. Does this virus stay in blood forever?

Jan 2013

I had some very small Ulcers in my lips, which I think it's herbs type 1, such this ulcers comes to me once every 2 years approximately or less maybe.
my wife just got the same today, she's afraid that she get such this herbs first time in her life, and now she told me that she'll have this disease to the rest of her life.
Is this right? is herbs type 1 stay in our blood even when it disappear from our lips and it can come back again anytime?
What you suggest in this matter?
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 51 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

You are suffering from Herpes labialis which is caused by facial nerves.
The same virus may get reactivation to create sores in the same area of the mouth or face at the site of the original infection.
This virus generally spread by contamination.
This virus gets activation in immunosprressive states such as fever, exposure to sun, anemia, following chemotherapy and radiotherapy, during menses.

This virus doesn't stay in our blood but in facial nerve (7th cranial nerve).
You should consult to XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ dermatologist and should take proper treatment.
You should apply antiviral (acyclovir) ointment along with steroid for faster recovery.

When will this virus again gets reactivated, its very difficult to comment but It may again happen in future.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Suffering from herpes type 1. Have ulcers in lips. Does this virus stay in blood forever? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor

Just now my girlfriend blames me of getting such Herpes, she told me that she never had it in her life, and now she get it from me!!
Is there any thing we can do to take it out forever? Or is't normally in any person's facial Nerve?

Is there any medicine that can remove it forever?

Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 42 minutes later
There could be possibility that your girl friend acquired this infection from you.
Herpes labialis may also be caused by genital herpes).
This herpes simplex virus type 2 may spread during sex and kissing.
This virus generally remain in dormant stage for years and as such there is no permanent cure.
You and your girl friend may take above mentioned medicines for 5-7 days.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava