Suffering from hermoids and prescribed Domstal. Having gastric troubles. Suggest

HI, I am suffering from XXXXXXX hermoids and the doctor hs prescribed me Domstal RD. Is the prescribed medicine used to cure hermoids or is it just a temporary solution? I have a very healthy lifestyle. I eat only healthy stuff like salads. I do not take sweet and Rice and I run long distances. I also have lots of water everyday. Then what could be the reason behind me getting hermoids? Also, the doctor had given me two more medicines because of which I had lot of gastric problems. Therefore I have stopped taking it. The only medicine I am taking now is Domstal RD.
Pls. help! Thanks.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 31 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Domstal RD contains domperidone which is an anti-emetic (to prevent nausea vomiting) and omeprazole which is a PPI to prevent acidity.

It is not used for hemorrhoids (which are dilated blood vessels).
What other medicines were given earlier?

Are you talking about XXXXXXX hemorrhoids at the rectum (near anus-piles)? Do you get pain or bleeding on passing stools?

There could be hemorrhoids in the stomach also called varices.

Usually these develop because of high portal vein pressure (mostly liver problems). I hope you do not have alcohol.

Detailed local as well as systemic examination should be done to know the cause of hemorrhoids. They need stool softeners, sometimes analgesic gels, high fibre diet and occasionally surgery.

Please consult a good surgeon about the problem. Proctoscopy/ endoscopy will be needed.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!