Suffering from hepatitis, bilirubin level is high with fever. Suggest?

Feb 2013

my daughter is suffering from acute v. hepatitis SINCE 10 DAYS. the s. bilirubin leval is 8.9 she is also s from fever 102.6. which TREATMENT I SHOULD GIVE THIS TIME TO CONTRL FEVER.
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Paracetamol in prescribed dose, Tepid sponging.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The main treatment in acute viral hepatitis is supportive to maintain the child hydration.

For fever control, you can give tablet like Parasafe in prescribed dose which contains both paracetamol and methionine. Methionine decreases the toxic effects of paracetamol on already compromised liver cells because of hepatitis.

If there is high grade fever, you can do tepid sponging with lukewarm water.

Antiemetic like domperidone or ondansetron can be given to stop vomitings.

Her activity, sensorium, temperature, urine output, hydration, and oral intake has to be monitored regularly.

The cause for hepatitis has to be investigated by sending blood for viral markers like Hepatitis A, B, C, and E to know the organism responsible for disease.

Other infections like malaria, typhoid to be ruled out with appropriate investigations as she having fever till now.

Hence I advise you to be in close medical follow up till she recovers completely.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.