Suffering from heavy dandruff. Not cured by anti-dandruff shampoos. Looking for suggestion

I am suffering from heavy dandruff for last 1year. I tried a lot of different anti-dandruff shampoos of different brand. But all proved useless. some times big scalps com out with comb which sometimes causes slight bloody. I am also using various different hair oils. Please suggest.. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
I think the following measures will help you deal with this problem:
a. Apply medicated shampoo like Nizoral 2% on the scalp 20 minutes before washing your hair. Use this atleast thrice a week.
b. Keep your hair clean and dry.Keep your hair short if possible.
c. Dont use oil and avoid keeping hair moist for longer duration.
d. You can use a steroid foam spray like clofoam on your scalp after washing your scalp
e. Dont have a bath for long periods. use lukewarm water only for bathing
f. Try this for 2 weeks. If you still dont get relief, see a dermatologist who can start you on oral anti fungals like ketoconazole.

Hope this helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.