Suffering from heaviness in head and giddiness. On vertin, glciphage. Why are they not helping?

I am suffering from giddiness when i lie down for 15 to 30 seconds, also someyimes i feel heavyness in head suddenly feel that i may get giddiness . my bp and sugar are normal with tabletslike loasrA biduret l betacard 100 deplat75 azzulix3mg glciphage850 half 3times. Now dr has prescribed vertin 16 mg two times since last 10 days but yet iam suffering same can u suggest any thing
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 31 minutes later

Thanks for the query

You are telling us that you are a hypertensive with ichemic heart disease and a diabetic, right now you are facing giddiness when you lie down and it lasts for 15 seconds

I notice that you are three types of antihypertensive agents
1. Calcium channel blocker
2. Angiotensin receptor blocker
3. Beta blocker

Usually what we see in practice is when multiple drugs are given for hypertension the blood pressure tends to fall creating dizziness and heavy headedness, in addition beta blockers tend to slow down the heart rate worsening the situation.
I suggest you keep a automatic blood pressure monitoring kit and measure your blood pressure when this happens for a correct value.

The other possibilities for this are
1. Sinusitis

This is unlikely in you because you have no other signs like blocked nose, breathlessness, etc

2. Low blood sugar

The point going against this is that you are feeling better after 15 seconds and there are no othe signs like sweating, dizziness, etc

3. Middle ear infection

This is a good possibility, that is why you have been given this tablet

I advice you to continue taking your medications including vertin until your next visit.
You could also show your readings of blood presuure to your doctor.

I hope I have answered your query. Pleas accept my answer in case of no further queries.

I wish you good health