Suffering from hearing loss. What cure should be done?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My 9 year old seems to have some hearing loss. I noticed in the last week or two she hasn't been answering me until I am screaming. I thought she was ignoring me but realized tonight she isn't . I questioned her if she was having trouble hearing and she said a little and she is hearing swooshing sounds for a while in her ears. I did a few tests to see if she could hear me and half of the time she couldnt
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 54 minutes later

Thanks for your request.

Does she complaint of fever or earache?

The hearing loss at this age without other symptoms like fever can be associated with
1. Wax impacted in the ear
2. Middle ear infection

An examination by the ENT doctor and a few tests will clarify the doubt.

I understand your concern, but do not worry. I am sure this is not something very serious and can be treated.

Hope this helps. Should you have any other concerns, I will be glad to help.

All the best

Dr Uma