Suffering from headaches, memory problem and pain in neck. On zoloft. Looking for advice

Nephrologist
Question
yes i suffer from headaches every day. also i feel like my mind is declining rapidly memory problems and no focus . i look at people but cant understand the message in the brain?? cant think hardly at all also im on ritalin for attention deficit i was on zoloft .also i have a lot of pain in my neck like im be choked sometimes..
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I understand how debilitating headaches can be, it is one of the worst pain a person can have but I need to know more regarding your headache in order to help you.

1. Is it everyday? Even during mornings? How long since you have been headache free?
2. Does it cause blurring of vision? Vomiting ?
3. Have you been evaluated for it with a scan? If yes then could you please attach/type out the report?
4. Are you on any other medication apart from the one you have mentioned? Please let me know

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Suffering from headaches, memory problem and pain in neck. On zoloft. Looking for advice 7 minutes later
more noticable with warmer temperatures also i have blurry vision and need readers no vomiting. im worried about my mind?? do i need meds for focus problems and memory?? im on topol and lipitor

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for the quick reply

Yes, headaches of such severity associated with blurring of vision at your age is a cause for concern.
Please approach a neurologist for an MRI brain to rule out local and vascular causes for headaches and also get your blood pressure checked as i see you are on anti hypertensives and lipid lowering agents.
Do not neglect the situation, approach a neurologist soon. Also I would like to ass here that tablets like naproxen provides good relief for headaches, please ask your doctor for a prescription

I hope I was of help, please let me know if you have further doubts I will be happy to help

what is causing the no focus and memory problems do i have vascular degeneration?? very concern and worried

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Hello

Thanks for replying

Headaches itself can cause loss of focus and memory. I would like to add here that vascular dementia is a diagnosis of imaging, one cannot tell by symptoms whether or not it is vascular dementia. Please get an MRI done to rule it out and also please follow my suggestion of meeting a neurologist as soon as possible.

I wish you good health