Suffering from headaches, feeling tired and getting light brownish periods. Suggest some cure

Nov 2013

I have been suffering headaches, and am very tired. I also feel very full/ bloated after a 'normal' size meal, I am still having regular periods, but they are extreamly light and of a brownish colour. I stopped my pill 2weeks ago and now have my period but it is still very light
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

The headaches are probably related to migraine. Migraine has a tendency to get flared up during periods. Feeling tired is also a part of that.

You could take analgesics such as diclofenac or ibuprofen to relieve the headaches.

Regarding periods, they could be normal withdrawal bleeding. Please also check your hemoglobin (Hb), as low Hb can lead to tiredness too. If problem persists, please get a check up done by your gynaecologist.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine) DM (Neurology)