Suffering from headache, stomach cramps. Got blood in vomit. Had endoscopy and ultrasound

Gastroenterologist
Question
Iam 21year female have a blood commit onceva day arond 20ml bright red blood have done 3endoscopies and an ultrasound all are normal doctors sayvam pretty well but I suffer headache,stomach cramps and blood commit can you please help regarding ding this issue I have done all tests xray,liver funtions,platelets count,inr etc all are normal but blood vommit happening once a day
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more information to give a better answer Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Kindly confirm whether you have blood vomiting or rectal bleeding. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Suffering from headache, stomach cramps. Got blood in vomit. Had endoscopy and ultrasound 8 minutes later
I dont have any rectal bleeding,only discomfort ,headache,blood vommit once day around 15-20ml

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, After I posted my comment, I could see you posted again stating you have blood vomiting. There are many different causes for blood vomiting. The most XXXXXXX cause being due to varices which occur in liver diseases and few other conditions. The upper GI endoscopy and other tests have ruled out these serious conditions. So the blood vomiting you have is due to a less serious cause. Sometimes you may not be able to find the source of bleeding even with endoscopy. Check your hemoglobin level. As long as it is more than 12-13 gm/dL, there is no need to worry. Discuss with your doctor and take PPI medications like prilosec for 8 weeks. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Suffering from headache, stomach cramps. Got blood in vomit. Had endoscopy and ultrasound 3 minutes later
Am vomiting blood from 10days and hb lvel is 12gm how can I stop this and even suffering from headache and loss of appetite Also please suggest me any other department of doctor who s specialized in treating this type of case

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Your hemoglobin level is quite good. This indicates you are not having any serious bleeding but only minor bleed. As mentioned earlier, you can take prilosec to stop it. For headache, take tylenol. If there is no relief of headache with tylenol and if there is persistent headache, consult a neurologist. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini