Suffering from headache, sore eyes, hot and cold flashes. What is the cure?

I went to bed the other night with a headache. Once in bed I began to get very hot. The headache got worse and I had very little sleep. The following day the headache still remain, sore eyes, hot and cold flashes. My ears feel like they are block too and very little strength. It's now day 2 and I still feel the same. I'm not overly hungry. I did have a bout of bronchitis last week which had seemed have cleared up & I was on a 2 week course of antibiotic
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be related to infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The persistent headache for two days with hot and cold flashes could be due to a generalized viral infection, headache due to tension, stress, decreased fluid intake and electrolyte imbalance, post infection weakness, etc. You can also take tablet Tylenol 600mg thrice a day for 4 days. Avoid temperature extremes. Drink plenty of fluids and consume plenty of fruits and vegetables. If the symptoms do not improve or you have worsening of headache, review with your doctor for careful examination and to obtain more specific prescription medication. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL