Suffering from headache and feels very hot. What should be done to feel better?

Question
I have a 15 year old girl who feels very hot a lot - she has a temp normal and gets headaches often - the head issue is upsetting her and nausiats her
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 30 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
To allow me to help you better, I would request you to answer the following questions:
Is there any history of migraine in the family?
Is her headache throbbing in character or does it feel like a band around her head?
Does it affect only one side of the head?
Does her vision get affected?
Please let me know.
Kindest regards
Dr S.K.Mukherjee

Follow-up: Suffering from headache and feels very hot. What should be done to feel better? 18 hours later
She gets migraine and is on medication for it . I meant to say to you the heat issue is a problem not the head issue . She is constantly too hot. Since I sent the question I realize she is constipated which is also a problem she has . We are going to the GP in an hour for a check up. It seems to be severe constipation which is causing headache, nausia and general unwell allover feeling

Would you agree ?

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

In your second part of the query you said I quote
"She has normal temp and gets headaches often the head issue is upsetting her and nauseates her XXXXXXX I suspected she gets migraine and that is why I asked those questions.

Now I am giving you the answers. If she is constantly hot the possible causes are (1) Infection either viral or bacterial (2) Dehydration (3) Side effect of medications.

Constipation can cause nausea and headaches due to absorption of toxins. Dehydration can cause constipation as well. It may also be due to taking medications.

You said your daughter is on medications for migraine. I am sure the GP will do necessary tests and give you adequate advice and treatment.

I wish her speedy recovery.
Kindest regards Dr S.K.Mukherjee

Follow-up: Suffering from headache and feels very hot. What should be done to feel better? 22 hours later
Thank you she is improving and was put on antibiotics for sinucites infection also a medication to relieve constipation. Thanks so much for your help and I will use this site again due to your helpful assistance.

All the best

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 29 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

I am really pleased to know your daughter is doing Well and thank you for letting me know.

kindest regards Dr S.K XXXXXXX