Suffering from headache and anxiety. Feeling strange sensation on left side of face. Concerned

Hi, I have a headache above my left eye. Had it for over a week on and off not very painful but annoying. I suffer with headaches as I suffer with health anxiety. I have been to my doctor, who has done eye checks and some nero checks and all is ok. I also worry as I have a strange sensation on the left hand side of my face, that is on and off as well. Thanks
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.

Based on the information provided by you it might be due to frontal sinusitis.

It would be better if you mention is there any pain on applying pressure to that site.

Frontal sinusitis is a medical condition that is generally characterized by pain and pressure near the frontal sinuses, which are located just behind the eyes, and the inflammation and swelling up of the nasal passages of the individual.

You may consider using nasal decongestants as prescribed by the physician and thus avoiding its overuse, quitting smoking and even avoiding secondhand smoke as much as possible, and keeping away from people infected with respiratory infections as most of the respiratory infections are contagious in nature.

Most of this will be caused by viruses and are self limiting in a week or so. I advice you to do steam inhalation at least 4 to 5 times a day, you can add Karval plus to water it will be useful.

I advice you to follow the conservative approach, if it does not work i advice you to see ENT specialist.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.