Suffering from hairloss and had taken medication. Underwent PRP treatment for further loss. Any danger?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I am a twenty five year old man suffering from hair loss(hereditary) for about a year now after trying a number of medication that are commonly prescribed by dermatologists and seeing no favourable results i was told to try PRP to prevent extra hair loss ,it was almost 3 weeks ago that i went under PRP and was waiting to see the outcome untill i heard the shocking rumour about the possibility of cancer for those who went under this procedure ,Please tell me could it be true as this method and its side effects are yet to be fully known.
Thanks
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Its totally a myth. There is no risk of cancer with PRP. I am doing this procedure on regular basis and there has been no complaints in patients. Also no books mentions any chance of cancer with this procedure.
Regarding hereditary hair fall, it is mainly androgenic. Only PRP will not help you. You must take an anti androgen like saw palmetto. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you.

Follow-up: Suffering from hairloss and had taken medication. Underwent PRP treatment for further loss. Any danger? 32 hours later
Thanks for your answer, currently i am taking Ecophane and Cystine on a regular basis,do you think it would be enough?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 58 minutes later
Thanks for follow up,
only Ecophane will not work.

You need to take an anti androgen.
Please start saw palmetto.
This will give you better result.

Along with this you can continue using ecophane and cystine.

Feel free to ask any other doubt.
Thank you

Follow-up: Suffering from hairloss and had taken medication. Underwent PRP treatment for further loss. Any danger? 3 hours later
Is saw palmetto the same as Rintofil that i am taking ,i mean is Rintofil a good alternative or should i start taking saw palmetto?
Thanks again

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Ya rintofil is a good alternative.
you can continue with this.
Saw palmetto may not be required.

Thank you

Follow-up: Suffering from hairloss and had taken medication. Underwent PRP treatment for further loss. Any danger? 22 hours later
Hi again,
As i previously mentioned in our correspondence, i expressed my hesitation about the way i was diagnosed with androgenetic hair loss because no typical blood test for assessing DHT levels was done in my case,that me by checking my vitamin D levels was diagnosed with severe vitamin D defieciency and as my specialist(thyroid specialist) said it might be the real reason of my hair loss.
Please tell me your professional opinion regarding my issue.
Thanks so much

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
Yes vit D deficiency is surely a cause of hair fall. You need to take vit D supplements.
Dont worry about the diagnosis of androgenic alopecia.
Actually there is no increase in DHT levels but the response of hair follicals to DHT is increased. So only way to diagnose androgenic alopecia is biopsy.
You can keep taking the medication prescribed to you, along with that take vit D . You will get good response with this. Feel free to ask any doubts. Thank you