Suffering from hair loss, tried homeopathy. Should I try Minoxidil Solution for Hair Regrowth?

hi doctor , i have been losing my hair for some years now , i have used many products and even did homeopathic treatment from reputed hair loss clinics (Richfeel) but every thing failed ,what r u suggestion should i try Minoxidil Solution for Hair Regrowth ? or another treatment
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Prevention can be accomplished only by early treatment. Sometimes what you think may be hair loss is actually just hair breakage from overuse of hair dryers, curling irons, dyes, and styling products.

If hair loss is caused by an illness, treatment of the illness is the best treatment for hair loss. The decision to treat androgenetic alopecia depends upon its emotional effect on the patient's sense of well-being.

Treatment of this problem at home is difficult. Decreasing the amount of pulling, tugging, and tension on the hair can prevent damage to the hair follicle and shaft.

Minoxidil: A medication you rub directly onto your scalp. This medication enlarges hairs and makes them grow for a longer period.

Stopping this medication can result in loss of the hair that developed during its use. Finasteride: a pill taken once daily that blocks the activity of an enzyme that metabolizes testosterone to substance that inhibits hair growth. Any regrowth is not permanent.

It will be good if start using minoxidil 2% solution, it should be used regularly for at least 45 days to see effect of it. Presently i advice you to use this only and not to go finasteride.

If you have dandruff, it should be addressed. I advice you to try trichup hair fall control oil and shampoo, it is quit effective i am saying this because even i am using this.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.