Suffering from hair loss and white hair. What should I do?

Sep 2012

I am loosing my hair and as well as hair is becoming white
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

Firstly, hair loss may occur due to many reasons like dandruff (most common), hypothyroidism, and many more. So, for an appropriate cause, you have to be examined thoroughly.

Causes of white hair include - family tradition of early whitening of hair, street and strain, liver damage.

You have to follow some instruction -

1. If dandruff is present, use antifungal shampoo daily. Apply it half an hour before bath. Use good shampoo and conditioner during bath. Avoid using oil.

2. Do a thyroid profile test including T3, T4, and TSH. If any abnormality detected, consult with endocrinologist.

3. If stress, tension is present in your life try to avoid.

4. If liver abnormality suspected, then do a liver function test. Take some liver protecting drugs.

5. If it is your family tradition, then nothing can improve the condition.

6. Take good nutritious diet. Try to avoid the fast food. This will help.

7. Try to take multivitamin group of drugs. Consult with your family physician for the trade name of the drug.

Hope this information suffices.