Suffering from hair loss after pregnancy. Suggest some treatment for hair growth?

I am having a hair loss problem after my 2nd child is born. She is now 2 and half years. I did go to doctor regarding this they said it is common after child birth and hair will grow back to normal thickness. But this is not happening. I am still losing hair and sometime it is too much to ignore.
Thanks for help in advance,
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Usually it is found that there is hair loss after delivery but it is not always the case.

In your case, there might be some other causes of having hair loss.

If you have any fungal infection, dermatitis in the scalp or dandruff, it may cause hair fall or hair loss.

In anemia too one gets hair loss. Treating the underlying cause is important. Do hair wash with branded hair wash. Use shampoo and hair oil containing vitamin A. Take Iron and multivitamin supplements.

Take more XXXXXXX veggies. Avoid stress.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further queries or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.