Suffering from hair loss. Taking vitamin e and b complex pills. Can I get my hair back to normal?

Dermatologist
Question
Sir, i am a 17 year old boy and my hair have been thinning over the past two
Years .... Since i changed my place of residence.... can i make my hair thick back to normal
i am tsking vitamin e and b complex pills, will they help?
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 3 hours later
Hair fall has many reasons and at your age stress due to physical, mental or at times emotional pressure can be one.
Also male pattern hair loss starts around the same age and is mostly hereditary.
Today medicines like topical minoxidil, oral biotin and calcium pentothenate are prescribed for reducing hair fall even in male pattern baldness.
Topical growth factors, peptides etc are used to increase volume of the hair. I think over the counter pills like Vitamin E and B are not sufficient. All these which I mentioned are prescription drugs and need a dermatologist’s prescription and advice before you start. A detailed examination and history is a must before you start the treatment.
Change of place and water can only effect hairfall to a certain extent which is reversible, means you should get back them. If you do not notice that my above advice holds good. It is important for you to address this issue with your parents as you are young and cannot take due care alone.
Dr. Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Suffering from hair loss. Taking vitamin e and b complex pills. Can I get my hair back to normal? 1 hour later
Sir i have not lost my hairline .... So i am doubtful about hereditary hair fall
My father is bald..... i have changedy place on a temporary basis ... If my hair falll is reversible how long would it take??

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 23 hours later
Der Patient,
Reversible hairfall or telogen effluvium occurs in times of stress and one can get back hair in 3 months time.
Its not neccessary that androgenetic alopecia starts with a receeding hair line it can be diffuse as well.
An examination by a competant dermatologist can only give you a correct diagnosis and help you treat the problem

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Suffering from hair loss. Taking vitamin e and b complex pills. Can I get my hair back to normal? 2 minutes later
Sir can you suggest a good dermatologist in my city of agra??

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 21 hours later
Dear Patient,
I am sorry but you can surf for a dermatologist on this portal itself .

Dr.Rohit Batra