Suffering from hair loss. Suggest some best shampoo and treatment?

My hair is thin and there is few hair remain in left/right infront of head which cover my bare part i.e infront of the head...though there is thin small hair still under that covered part.Otherwise there is dense hair except the front part .I am using Head and shoulder shampoo from past 4 years.Oil I am changing and sometime it is parachute or clinic all clear or other.I like long hair becz my face is big. So,if I am wrong in taking shampoo and oil then plz suggest me the best one that I should use.

Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Most probable cause of your hair loss is Androgenetic alopecia.

It is caused by enzyme known as 5 alpha reductase at the base of hairs.

As the cause is hormonal treatment is to be taken for long time like 1.5 -2 years.

Hairs are indicator of general health.
When you improve general health hair loss will also decrease.

You can take multivitamin supplements containing zinc, biotin ,copper,amino acids etc they are building blocks for hair.

In general measures you should

- avoid stress, maintain good diet ,adequate sleep,regular exercise.Keeping good general health will add to treatment.

-Take one fruit every day.Take lemon juice and other citrous foods as they are XXXXXX in vitamin C and anti oxidants.Lemon juice you are already taking ,please continue it.

-Do not comb when hairs are wet.

-Use widely spaced comb with rounded teeth(not sharp ends).

-Avoid hot water for bathing(use lukewarm water)

-Avoid hardening gels/ harsh colors/chemicals on scalp.

-Avoid direct sunexposure/heat/wind exposure to your hair.

-You can use nizoral shampoo for hair wash.
-Oils dont have much role to play in hair loss.

Please upload your photos of your scalp areas(2-3) with UPLOAD YOUR REPORTS section on right side of the page.

Photos will be further useful to provide specific advise.

Hope this helps you .
If you have any further queries feel free to ask them.