Suffering from hair loss. Prescribed finasteride. How much water I should drink?

Dermatologist
Question
Dear sir,
This is XXXXXXX 26 year old men, i'm loosing hair sir, i have some small patches on my scalp so i went to near by doctor(dermatologist) he has suggested me finasteride 1mg capsule for daily dosage, i'm getting lot of confusion in consuming tablet can i take the tablet with empty stomach in the morning or after breakfast or after lunch in afternoon. and how much water should i use to swallow it as the tablet looks very small, please help.
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 minutes later

Please take the tablet after dinner with one glass of water.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you

Follow-up: Suffering from hair loss. Prescribed finasteride. How much water I should drink? 1 hour later
Thank you Sir, how long can i use this medicine and please prefer the food for healthy scalp and hair, i was using minoxidil oil also should i apply this in morning and evening for how long please help

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Sorry for replying late.

You must take this tablet for atleast 6 months.
Yes you can continue using minoxidil.

Iron and Biotin is essential for hair growth, so please take diet XXXXXXX in green leafy vegetable and dry fruits.

This should help you.

Thank you

Follow-up: Suffering from hair loss. Prescribed finasteride. How much water I should drink? 8 hours later
Thank You Sir, Should i continue the tablet through out my life

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 38 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
You dont need to continue the tablets for whole life.
6 months will be good enough.
Minoxidil needs to be continued for whole life.

Thank you