Suffering from hair loss. Diagnosed as fugal. Prescribed oxistat lotion. Can I use this lotion?

Hello doctor

I have been having hair loss issues that were only properly diagnosed as fungal today and medication has been prescribed that i have researched to be category b for pregnancy. I am not sure that I am pregnant - only started trying 3 days ago. So will only be able to tell in a few weeks but need to start on medication - medication is oxistat and is a lotion.
Not certain that I am pregnant because we only started trying to get pregnant 3,days ago. Can I uee a category b lotion
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 6 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

It is better to avoid any oral medication during early pregnancy as this is the period of organogenesis and any drug may harm the foetus.

Even if it is three days you should not take the medicine but can apply the lotion locally

Home remedies like egg + curd +honey +olive oil can be massaged on scalp , leave for an hour and wash with mild shampoo

Best wishes