Suffering from hair fall due to dandruff problem. How to get rid of this?

Hi 1 am XXXXXXX 26 years old female.i am suffering fro hair fall due to dandruff for last two months.i use to have very thick and long hair but now it is reducing due to hair fall.can u please suggest me to get rid of hair fall.i even changed my diet.i am consuming lots of protein XXXXXXX food.
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 45 minutes later
Thanks for the query. Dandruff is one of the commonest cause of hair fall. This can be controlled by using an anti fungal shampoo. Use 8x shampoo alternate days for a month followed by once weekly. Apart from this Vitamins are required for normal growth of hair. Specially vit B 12 is very important. You can take proanagen tablet. one tablet daily.
Once dandruff is controlled please apply minoxidil 5 % solution twice daily.
This will improve your hair and also there will be regrowth.
Only thing is that it will take some time to show its effect. Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you
Follow-up: Suffering from hair fall due to dandruff problem. How to get rid of this? 20 minutes later
I am using XXXXXXX shampoo for last few years but now i am using soapnut as one of my friend suggested me that its bitterness will help to get rid of dandruff.i am very much worried as hair fall is very severe.i am taking iron syrup daily.can u suggest me any natural hair packs for getting rid of dandruff.i am having XXXXXXX gram sprouts also for protein.i did not see any control of hair fall for last two months.i have motion problem.i
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Hello dear,
herbal and natural remedies do help a bit , but they dont have a basis.
Like as you said you are using soap nut as it is bitter. But dandruff is mainly due to fungal infection. There is no relation between killing fungi and bitternes. I still recommend you to follow the treatment advised by me.
If still you want to try herbal. I have heard himalaya herbal shampoos are good but really I dont think it can work better than 8 x shampoo.
Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you
Follow-up: Suffering from hair fall due to dandruff problem. How to get rid of this? 1 hour later
can i get my long and thick hair back?
any special diet to follow for hair growth and to get rid of dandruff?
should i use soap nut or shampoo?
does improper bowl movement will lead to hair fall?
do morning walk help for reducing hairfall?
i think you can understand the tension of hair fall in this age.
i would kindly require the answers for all questions so that i can get out of this tension and hair fall.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
I can understand your concern.
Definitly you can get back your thick long hair.
Protein and vitamin are needed for hair growth. You are already taking protein XXXXXXX food, take lot of fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables to supplement for vitamins.
Shampoo will be better to control hair fall. In addition please use conditioner after each shampooing.
Improper bowel leads to malnutrition and hence can effect the hair.
Regarding morning walk, it provides fresh oxygen to your body and improves circulation, so definitly it will improve hair growth.
And finally please dont take tension, as tension of any type is one of the important cause of hair fall.
Hope I answered all your questions.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you