Suffering from hair fall. Advised to take BTN fort. Any suggestion on hair fall control?

Hallo Doctor,

From last two months i am facing a problem of Hair Fall, the basic reason is i wear helmet while driving, and my hair type is soft & silky hair
I have consulted a doctor for this, she advised me to take "BTN forte" tab twice a day Hair 4 u 5% spray twice a day for 2months, test report says that i have a hair loss of 30% after using above course for one month, hair growth is happening in lost areas but hair fall is not controlling,
please suggest on hair fall control

Thanks and Regards
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 13 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

You are on the right medicines at the moment XXXXXX BTN forte contains biotin & Hair 4 u contains minoxidil . The one thing I can suggest you here is to increase the concentration of minoxidil solution to 10% instead of 5%.You can also talk to your dermatologist to add tablet finestride (1mg) to your prescription.This would help you if you are suffering from androgenetic alopecia .Your dermatologist is at the right place to judge you for these additions.Kindly talk to him for the same.This should definitely help to control your hair fall,but you also need to understand that you are bound to have some hair fall daily .You cannot stop it completely .If you are loosing 25-30 strand daily then you should not bother much ,as these hair are regained by the new ones which are growing beneath it.

Another important point is that these medicines takes time to work ,you need to continue such medicines for at-least 6 to 12 months for proper response.

Apart from this improve your diet with XXXXXX leafy veg, fresh fruits, plenty of water, sprouts ,pulses, high protein diet, avoid items with high sugar content like sweets & chocolates, less of Chinese foods, less of pizza & burgers ,more of milk & ghee, dry fruits . Good sleep also has a important role to play .

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda specialist, Dermatology.