Suffering from haemorrhoids. Suggest some permanent cure

General Surgeon
Question
Hi, My name is XXXXXXX. I am suffering from Haemorrhoids(Piles) since few year (2007).
I had some medicines referred by family physician and was fine during the course of medication and there after. Recently it started again and causing me lot of pain.
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Constipation are severe hard to treat problem. It often recurs and can cause many complications like diverticulitis or colon cancer. That is why it is necessary to make everything to prevent constipations. Before that, some diagnostics should be performed as constipations may be only a reason of some disease. That is why in severe constipations colonoscopy should be performed especially when blood or mucus is present in stool. Such blood can be caused by hemorrhoids but it can also be caused by something worst.
After colonoscopy, when large intestines diseases are ruled out, there are some ways that can help with your constipations. First of all, diet should be changed. You should strictly prevent fatty foods, XXXXXXX of carbohydrates. Soft drinks and alcohol in large doses should be prevented as well. You should add to your diet fiber XXXXXXX products, vegetables, and some fruits. Instead of soft drinks, increased mineral water intake is advisable.
If it is about medicines, stool softeners, Lactulose can give short term relief. For long term therapy Mebeverine can be helpful with some probiotics.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from haemorrhoids. Suggest some permanent cure 25 minutes later
Thanks Doctor,

I have pain while passing the stool, no blood and burning sensation all through the day& night. I am unable to focus on my work or anything else. I wish to have permanent solutions for it. I dont take fatty food and weight around 64 kgs since 5,6 years.

I dont take soft drinks as well (May be once in a month) and consuming at least 4 to 5 liters of water a day. Even a simple meal and dinner is making my life miserable. Please help me to find a permanent solution. Thanks in advance.

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Like I`ve mentioned before you need a colonoscopy to verify what are you dealing with. Only after this examination you should be treated.
You should try Mebeverine and probiotics.
By the way, 4 to 5 liters of mineral water a day can have reverse action. In some cases such amount of water can result with constipations (especially minerals XXXXXXX water). So I suggest you to drink about 2 liters of water a day.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from haemorrhoids. Suggest some permanent cure 14 hours later
Thanks Grzegorz.

I will undergo colonoscopy test on 20th Oct 2012 - Already fixed the appointment.
I will update you the report as soon as i get it.

Meanwhile follow your instruction on food and water.

- Regards
XXXXXXX

Hello!

Wish you good health.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from haemorrhoids. Suggest some permanent cure 3 days later
Hello Doctor,

Good Evening.

I am done with the "Colonoscopy Test today". please find attached the reports and let me know your valuable inputs.

Thanks - XXXXXXX

Hello!

Thank you for the query.

So now we know what we are dealing with. Your colonoscopy result is a good news as the only thing you are suffering from is anal fissure. No diverticles, no colon cancer, no polyps at all. That is a very good news.
Anal fissure is a some kind of anal wall tear or wound what can hurt as hell.
Here are few steps to make it healed.

1.Nitroglycerin ointment used twice a day - it makes anus muscle relaxed and lets fissure get healed
2.Hot baths with QUERCUS CORTEX - should be available in pharmacy
3.Increased liquid products - soups, milk, fruits nectar; it is strongly necessary to prevent any constipations, the stool should be soft
4. Lignocaine gel - it should bring some relief

Such treatment should make your fissure disappear during a week or so. Sometimes it may take longer. You need to remember not to push pressure into your anus.
If such therapy wont heal it, there might be surgery necessary.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from haemorrhoids. Suggest some permanent cure 36 hours later
Thanks a lot Doctor.

I am feeling better now. Can you suggest me some medicine then ointment/Gel.
Earlier,I had one ointment - It very dificcult to apply (for my self).

Thanks in advance.

- XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

It is hard to find anything as effective as Nitroglicerine Onitment. Nitroglicerine should be applied locally in the place where the anus muscle is located.
You may ask in the pharmacy about suppositories with Lignocaine (there is a lot of supp. for hemorrhoids - this should be effective for fissure as well).
It may happen that this fissure will get healed without this gels and suppositories, but no guarantee.

Regards.