Suffering from gout disease. Should I consult an orthopedic surgeon or an urologist?

ffor uric acid issues (Gout) whom do we need to consult an orthopedic surgeon or an urologist
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 49 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat gout:
Family Practice, XXXXXXX Medicine, Rheumatology.
Diet does play a very large factor concerning gout, but first you must eliminate the possibility that it could be a health condition such as kidneys not functioning properly.
To answer your question. Rheumatologists are doctors who specialize in treating arthritis, rheumatic diseases, and other bone, joint and muscle disorders. If after being checked out by a doctor and it is determined that lifestyle is at issue.
I advice you to see Rheumatologist for examination and exact diagnosis. Check out websie WWW.WWWW.WW for diet and treatment tips but only after examination from the doctor. Self treatment is never a good idea.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.