Suffering from gastritis, leg burn and abdominal pain. Had operation for appendicitis. Advise?

General Surgeon
Question
I AM SUFFERING FROM GASTRITIS PROBLEB FEW DAYS, 20TH MARCH HAS OPERATION FOR APENDIS BUT
I AM NOT A FIT, ALSO PRESENT BLOOD SUGER , 2008 I AM CHECKUP DR. SUGGEST ANTRAL GASTRITIS.
AT THE MOMENT I AM SUFFERING GASTIC PROBLEM AND LEG BURN AND LOWER ABDOMENT PAIN LEFT AND
WRITE SIDE, WHAT I DO ? XXXXXXX CHOWDHURY
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

How do you know its gastritis? What kind of symptoms do you have?
Gastritis means stomach inflammation. It can be caused by helicobacter Pylori infection or other factors which cause increased stomach acid secretion. Chronic stomach inflammation can lead to a stomach cancer. That is why regular gastroscopy should be done.

Typical gastritis symptoms are upper middle abdominal pain associated with a meal, chest burning, acid reflux, nausea. Unfortunately same symptoms can be caused by peptic ulcer or stomach cancer and as long as endoscopy wont be done, you can not be sure.

Lower abdominal pain on both sides with groin or leg burning can be caused by urinary tract infection. You should also have burning while urinating and/or frequent urinating. The pain can radiate to the back. Fever can be present.

I suggest you to visit your doctor, have blood work, urine analysis and abdominal ultrasound first. You should also get scheduled for gastroscopy.

In a meanwhile please avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, coffee and alcohol. Drink more mineral water.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.