Suffering from gastritis. Feeling fatigued and shortness of breath after meals. Why is this happening?

Jan 2013

I have been suffering from gastritis since 2 weeks .I used to get hunger excessively and feel shortness of breath after meals......a doctor advised me to take esogard (before food ) and unienzyme (after food ) ..Still taking the course...The acidity is now reduced...But now i feel fatigue (tiredness in the evening )......Why is this tiredness ???
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 15 minutes later
Do you have constipation/ excessive sweating/ diarrhea/ dry skin/ weakness?
Do you have chest pain/ abdominal heaviness/ abdominal bloating/ excessive flatulence?
Do you smoke or consume alcohol?

My answer can be tweaked with the above details. However with the available information I suggest the following.

Acidity problems may be in form of simple gastritis or in severe form peptic ulcer disease.
Severity can only be defined by endoscopy.
Your condition partially improved because of esogard and in my personal opinion, unienzyme is not a effective medicine for gastric problem.
You should take proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics (which increases intestinal motility).
In my opinion, there may be high chances of thyroid disease due to presence of gastric problem along with fatigue.
You should consult with physician/ gastro-physician and should go for following investigation along with thorough check up: complete blood count, thyroid profile, serum electrolytes, renal function test, liver function test, blood sugar status and most important endoscopy with biopsy.

Put your views also if any.

Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava