Suffering from gastric problem, do regular exercise and yoga. Suggest?

I am sufferring from gastric problem. It started one year back when I was in Hyderabad.
It is getting worse with time.

I do regular excercise and yoga and I eat on time.
Breakfast includes fruits and nuts.Earlier I would take soyabeen and black chana sproutes in breakfast but I stopped taking sproutes, as I thought this might be making the problem worse.
I take lunch at 1 pm. after that I take snacks in the evening and my dinner time is 8 PM.
I do not consume alcohole, cigarette, tea or coffee.
Please help me!!!
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Proton pump inhibitor group of drugs will help....

Detailed Answer:

Gastritis is mostly a chronic condition. It flares up with stress, dietary changes, smoking and change in life style. I see you are following a decent lifestyle and diet; please continue.

Acute episodes like this one is treated with a course of antiulcer/gastritis drugs. Proton pump inhibitor is the best among various ulcer drugs. I recommend pantoprazole 40mg tablets to my patients. I advise them to take this as a single pill before breakfast for couple of weeks. You can know about this medicine from your local physician.

As you plan to see your doctor for the prescription, you can use antacids like syrup mucaine gel 5ml three times a day before food. It will help you.

In addition to the above, it would be worthwhile to get an upper GI endoscopy done to rule out peptic ulcers and H.pylori infection. A gastroenterologist nearby can perform this procedure on you.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.