Suffering from functional dysphonia. What treatment should be done?

I am suffering from functional dysphonia and cannot find any treatment.pls advice
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
The most common treatments for functional dysphonia are symptomatic in nature. These treatments target excess or dysregulated laryngeal muscle tension and include yawn-sigh, resonant voice therapy, visual and electromyographic biofeedback, progressive relaxation, and circumlaryngeal massage.
Circumlaryngeal massage is used to stretch muscle and fascia, help remove metabolic wastes, promote circulation, relax tense muscles, and relieve pain from muscle spasms. As a result, the larynx is lowered and the range of motion increased. This results in improvement of vocal function in patients with functional dysphonia. Other treatments include education in vocal hygiene and nondirective counseling.
I advice you to consult the physician and discuss with him regarding the treatment.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.