Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from frequent urination and burning sensation while urinating. What should I do?

i have been facing urine problem from last couple of months, I went to my gp and had checked ... he asked me to check urine, blood and ranal ultrasound which all came negative but I still face the problem,,,,
My problem is I used to urinate more often almost 15 times a day and normal during night when i noticed my problem,,, doctor said its not UTI, no diabetic, later I started urinate normal but started to feel burning sensation in urine,,, now I've no burning sensation but frequent urinate from yesterday and I notice i urinate some drops of cloudy urine when i urinate very first in the morning and later in the day is normal ( this doesn't happen everyday)... what should I do?
Im so worried...
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing.
It could be fat contents in urine called chyle.
If the lab where u do urine test has the reagent, the urine can be tested for chyle.
If present, ur urologist will guide u how to proceed further. If there is no chyle, then there is nothing to worry.
You can take it as excess urethral secretions, which is normal for some people.
If I were to treat you, I will give a course of antibiotics, as infection does not always show up in the test.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any..
Get well soon.
DR G Srinivasan
Follow-up: Suffering from frequent urination and burning sensation while urinating. What should I do? 5 minutes later
can yu please suggest me some antibiotic that I can start taking as soon i can ?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Thanks for your reply. The antibiotic policy varies from country to country. You need to consult your doctor, speak to him and get a prescription.
Usually the antibiotics preferred in this situation can be NITROFURANTOIN/ TRIMETHOPRIM.
Hope I answered your query. Kindly get back to me for any concern and queries. I am ready to answer. Get well soon.
With best wishes and regards,
DR G Srinivasan.