Suffering from frequent bowel movements. X-ray showed inflamed intestine. What is the treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a inflamed intestine shown on xray I'm waiting for a magic eye test and biopsy although for a couple of years I had urgent bowel movements 9 times per day I have no bleeding and little pain since the xray showing inflamation I have not opened my bowels for three days how can this be given my history of extreme toilet habits and urgency to go how can I go from complete pooing to totally nothing ?
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: May be due to enema used before X-ray. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The inflammation of the intestines is usually associated with irregular bowel habits. It can be associated with alternate diarrhea and constipation also. Avoid high carbohydrate diet, high fat diet. Eat high protein diet consisting of cereals, pulses, chicken, eggs, lean meat and also plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables which add bulk to your stools. Drink plenty of water to speed up bowel movement as well. In case the constipation persists then do consult your physician for detailed investigations and proper prescription medicines. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Suffering from frequent bowel movements. X-ray showed inflamed intestine. What is the treatment? 1 hour later
I had no enima I been opening my bowels on advrage 9 to 20 times per day for 34 months after the birth of my son I had no pain no bleeding nothing but then this weekend I woke with real bad pain at 3am and was rushed into accident emmergency I saw a surgen who did a xray he said my bowels shows inflamation and that I need a camera up my bottom to look at them and also a biopsy and to watch what I eat he discharged me to outpatients that was 3 days ago I'm still awaiting a problem my point is I was opening my bowels 9 to 20 times a day I would poo six time with in the first 2 hours of wakeing up I spent all morrning on and off the loo if I eat food after thirty minutes I'm using the loo I also lost around 25 pounds in the last few months but since wakeing up in the middle of the night with awful pain needing morphin ingections I have not done a poo once I'm confused to how I was going all the time to now nothing what happened with that bad pain before then pooing liquid constantly then massive pain now not pooing at all why is that also if my bowels showed inflamation then why do I need a camera up there to see see what inflamation the drs already know that I have inflamation from xray also the hospital said my blood results was normal surly if there's inflamtion in my bowels it should be showing inflamation in my blood and also they said they was puss cells in my urine yet I didn't have a urine infection ? There's so many unanswered questions that are making no sense whatso ever and are contradicting each other can you please help me figure this out ?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Colonoscopy is recommended. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. I can understand your dilemma. The absence of a bowel movement may be due to a side effect of the morphine and other analgesics that you must be taking now. The type of inflammation that you have cannot be diagnosed only on an X-ray. A colonoscopy will help in detecting the extent of spread of lesion and a biopsy is needed to rule out any associated malignancy since you are having the bowel disturbances for so long. Consulting a gastroenterologist would be most helpful. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards