Suffering from foot drop due to compressed scatic nerve. What is the cure?

Hi on august 2013.I had a tummy tuck armlift and I decided to transfer my fat to the buttocks area. ( I went out of the country to do this) On the day of I noticed my foot was numb n could not wiggle my toes. I had a lot of pain on my right buttocks when I got to NY I went to the ER n the docs there told me I had a drop foot. I've been to neurosurgeons orthopedic plastic surgeons, I'm currently doing physical therapy 2xs a week. I have a brace my whole life has changed. Anyway the docs told me that the doc injected the fat too deep into my muscle n it's compressed the scatic nerve which caused my foot drop. I need any help will be helpful. Please help.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Physiotherapy +++, and Vitamin B complex Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I do understand how disturbing this could be. The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body, and supplies many branches to the lower limbs. Trauma to this nerve has for sure some serious consequences. It is great you have already sought neurosurgical advice and all. In my humble opinion, the priority intervention is the physiotherapy you are already on. The nerve could take a long time to reconstitute itself. Physiotherapy has the advantage that it improves blood flow, prevents muscle weakness and loss (Atrophy) and actually accelerates performance and regular function of the respective muscle groups. I would strongly advocate Vitamin supplementation, added to physiotherapy. Vitamins, especially of the B class are very important to cell regeneration and function of the nervous system. Regular physiotherapy as advised by your physiotherapist of utmost importance. I am afraid you need not get discouraged, for under such circumstances, it might require sometime before remarkable changes are noticed. However, along the line, other treatment measures as required, regular mobilization of limbs are all important to avoid complications that could arise due to excess immobilization like atrophy and thromboembolic disease. I advise regular physio as recommended and Vitamin supplementation, and too early to lose hope. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Please, do feel free asking further follow up questions. I would be glad making any humble contributions to your well-being. Kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr Rogers
Follow-up: Suffering from foot drop due to compressed scatic nerve. What is the cure? 2 hours later
Do u think this will be long term??
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Results are to be expected during a long term int Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the follow up, I do think the results, especially under these circumstances can be palpable within a short term period. I am afraid you might have to be patient for some time. However, this does not exclude a careful evaluation and clinical evaluation. Respecting the doctors recommendations however remain a priority. You need to be patient. Physiotherapy and Vitamin B complex, in my opinion need special consideration. Kind regards. DR Rogers