Suffering from flu, have runny nose, cough with phlegm and fever. Taking Citrizine, ascoril and Crocin. Suggest?

I am suffering some flu from past 10 days. I have running nose, cough with phelgm and had fever few days back, but its fine now.

I am taking folloing medicines
1. citizine tabs (twice a day)
2. ascoril syrup (thrice a day)
3. crocein whenever I have fever

Do I need to take some antibiotic ? If yes can you suggest one.

Thanks in advance
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Yes, based on the symptoms and presence of fever I suspect it to be infectious in nature.

You will need antibiotics, you can take AZITHROMYCIN. The dosage may have to be formulated only after physical examination.

Please do contact your treating doctor for formulation of the dosage and for a hand written prescription. As it is an prescription only drug.