Suffering from fibromyalgia and thyroid problems. On prednisone. Heart cat scan done. Any thoughts?

had a heart catscan and the results were too cloudy for the doc to read..radiologist had said something while taking pics...said to make them keep looking because the cloudiness usually meant a prob...2 weeks later and havent heard a thing...left leg really swollen not hot just fluid..fibromyalgia and thyroid probs...both legs swollen...headaches...been on prednisone off and on..3 cycles in 3 month period
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 9 hours later
If we assume that leg swelling is not related to hypothyroidism. Fibromyalgia usually does not cause swelling but both contribute to immobility. If you had been immobile for some time and or if you press the swollen part of leg it hurts (meaning thereby that tenderness is present) I would be concerned about XXXXXXX Venous Thrombosis(DVT) in your left leg. I will urge you to see the doctor so that appropriate treatment can be instituted if it is rather late for regular appointment you ought to be taken to ER.

I read your history of CABG. I am sorry the information you provided about CT Hear Scan is ambiguous but at times with underlying DVT if you are short of breath and chest x-ray is normal pulmonary thrombo-embolism remains a possibility. You have not mentioned why CT thorax was done so I should not conjecture beyond that. At present area of concern is leg. Get it examined. Do write back, I will try to answer your followup query as soon as possible. Regards
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW