Suffering from fever, white pimples in mouth. Suggest medication?

My daughter was suffering from fever since 2 days. Now she does not have fever. But there is 2 pimple like white bubbles in her mouth, she is complaining about.
Could you please let me know what medication should we take.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 hours later

Oral mucosal ulcerations are common during and following infection. The white bubble she describes is most likely to be one such mouth ulcer. You did not say if it was painful; oral ulcers are painful.

Such oral ulcers spontaneously disappear in a few days. Vitamin supplements are used in treating oral ulcers. Zincovit syrup is one such commercially available vitamin syrup in India. You can use them. If it's hurting her, glycerine or dologel can be applied over it.

I would also like you to watch out for skin eruptions especially on the body and limbs. If any skin eruptions develop, report back to your doctor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Suffering from fever, white pimples in mouth. Suggest medication? 21 minutes later
yes it is painful for her.
Could you please advise how much of Zincovit she should take.
Thank you for your detail email.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 8 minutes later
You are welcome.

5ml of zincovit can be used once a day for a week or two. It contains essential vitamins, minerals and micro nutrients. It is well tolerated and doesn't cause any serious side effects.

Dologel or glycerine can be applied on the painful ulcer to reduce pain. Encourage her to eat well and drink good amount of fluids. If she is not able to eat solid food, mash them or use semisolid/liquid diet.

Hope this helps in fastening her recovery. Let me know if you need further clarifications.
If all your questions are answered, please close this discussion.