Suffering from fever, headache, fatigue and vomiting. Medication?

I started feeling sick Sunday. Took a hot bath Sunday night, thought that would help. Now I have a fever, headache, food is tasteless. Haven't been able to eat much, just been drinking water. This is the second day like this, today is a little better than yesterday. Have no energy, been lying in bed all day and night. Have started throwing up now, too.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jagdish 11 hours later

Fever, headache, lack of energy are signs of infections. It could be viral or bacterial infection.

To know the source of infection I need the answers for the following questions.

1. Do you have cold, runny nose, nasal congestion, throat pain?
2. Do you have cough, phlegm?
3. Do you have diarrhoea, abdominal pain?
4. Do you have pain while urinating?

Based on the answers, I can predict the cause of fever and direct some tests.

Hope this will help.
Follow-up: Suffering from fever, headache, fatigue and vomiting. Medication? 3 hours later
I have been coughing, with a little phlegm. And I do have some abdominal pain, mainly on the left side. Was having nasal congestion before Sunday for a few days, but that went away. Sinuses are almost completely cleared up now.
Answered by Dr. Jagdish 24 hours later

I think you will recover soon with rest plus fluids. You do not require antibiotics at the moment.

You can pick up an Over the counter, cough syrup (Bromhexine) and use for at least 4 days, three times a day. I also recommend steam inhalations with Eucalyptus Oil, thrice a day.

Drink ample amounts of water and stay away from non oily food too.

Hope it helps.