Suffering from fever and cough. Prescribed with crocin and meftal. Suggestions

Pediatrician
Question
HI MY SON AGE 11 MONTH AND WEIGHT 9 KG FROM LAST TWO DAYS HE IS SUFFERING FROM FEVER WE CONSULT WITH DR HE ADVISED TO GO WITH CROCIN IN CASE HIGH FEVER USE MEFTAL P ALSO HE IS SUFFERING FROM HIGH COUGH PROBLEM WE ARE CONFUSE HOW WE DISTINGUISH THAT WE HAVE TO GIVEN CROCIN OR MEFTAL FEVER IS FLUCTUATING REMAIN HIGH UP TO 101 F TODAY IS SUNDAY KINDLY ADVISED FOR THE SAME FOR USE OF MEFTAL
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi . Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. I suggest you to -monitor fever every 4 to 6 hourly -give paracetamol in case fever is above 100F. -you can give mefenemic acid in case fever is above 102 .it can be given 12 hourly and can be given in case fever does not come down after paracetamol. -do tepid sponging -give plenty of fluids. In case it persist after 48hours get him reevaluated by pediatrician for further management. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...