Suffering from fever and chill. Blood test showed esr 80mm. Started tb trail base treatment. Guide?

sir, my wife is suffering from fever and chill, i tested complete blood report as pe r doctors instruction result shows esr is high 80 mm, doctor started tb trail base treatment, but still she is sufftering with fever, chill, headache, body pain
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
give paracetamol for symptomatic relief

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query. I am sorry about the high ESR of 80mm in your wife. Your doctor is right in starting a trial treatment for TB. This is the right treatment.

Yes, she would experience fever, chills, headache, and body pain for at least a week after the treatment is started. After one week of initiating the treatment, her symptoms will gradually subside, and she will feel better.

In the meantime, you can give her Dolo 650mg/crocin/paracetamol as and when required, for relief from fever, and pain.

I wish your wife a quick recovery.