Suffering from fever. Prescribed Imol and Nimuflex. Remedy?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My baby boy 9-motnths old suffering with high fever past 3-days.
Yerstaday we had consutation with Pediatrician .Doctor had sugessted below medicins:
Still suffering with 102 degrees temp. Temparature is fluctuating time to time and had flum also. Because of which vomtings.
Request for any consutation or sugesstion....
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 51 minutes later
Welcome to HCM!

Your child is already on stiff dose of anti fever medicines!!
Most of the viral fevers take time to improve about 5-6 days.
If by 3 days of onset of fever,there is no sign of improvement , he may need some basic blood tests like CBC,smear for malaria,tests for dengue,etc( to be decided by the doctor).

I wish you use simple paracetramol syrup every 6 hrs at the dose of 10 mg /kg body weight and use imol in between when fever goes up.
I would not advice use of nimuflex.

If fever is high inspite of the above medicines you can do tap water sponging for 20-30 mints to bring down the temp.

Good luck
God bless
Dr Uma